Hernia mesh  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Feb 5th, 2019 02:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
rcanzano
Forum Member

Mana: 
Anyone out there had to deal with a hernia mesh failure? Love to hear from you!!

To begin with, I had a hernia repair with mesh done in 2013 & it was be re-done 9 months later.

I just went through a horrible experience. After thanksgiving I had what felt like a stomach flu , treated it as such & it kinda went away. New years eve I was hammered with crazy gut pains, body pains, nausea, ya know, curled up in the fetal position on the couch kinda pain. Wife took me to the ER, stayed 2 days, tests, tests, test. Only thing they could find was a "pocket of fluid" behind my belly button & dosed me with pain meds & antibiotic and was sent home and followed with 3 weeks of some more tests & antibiotics.

Last wednesday, i went in for an outpatient procedure that turned into a 1 hr+ surgery and a 4 day stay at regional hospital. I now have a 6"-7" incision in my abdomen where the surgeon had to insert his hand inside me to clean me out & stitch me back up. It was hands down the most amazing & intense pain I've ever experienced in my life & I've had 8 previous surgeries!

Obviously we're going to pursue a mesh failure claim & just starting that process. SO, has anyone gone though this? If you're not comfortable post public on this, PM me.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:02 pm  
LSCWA Forums > General > General Information > Hernia mesh Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4860 seconds (4% database + 96% PHP). 27 queries executed.