Help needed w/my lowrance HDS 7  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jul 18th, 2018 06:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Carpe diem
Forum Member

Mana: 
My Lowrance HDS 7 touch (gen2) has a dead back light.
Lowrance will send a replacement unit but I have to send old unit first. No, my way-points and trails are not saved even though an empty SD card is in the slot. No buttons on this puppy or I could just remember the button sequence and get it done.

My research revealed that if I network with another HDS unit I could see my screen and save my way-points to SD card using a second unit. I have a network cable and an ice fishing power supply for my unit. If anybody near me in the nautical mile or Alter rd boat launch area is willing to give me 10 minutes I could get my stuff saved and replace the old unit.

Please inbox me if you can help. I'll make myself available to come to you anytime Thursday through the weekend.

Or

If anybody has a better way to get my data off the old unit please post it here.

Thanks!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Jul 19th, 2018 08:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Carpe diem
Forum Member

Mana: 
I took a trip to Cabela's today. they had several HDS units on the floor. I was able to network my unit with one of theirs. I got  all my waypoints and trails onto a mini SD card right in the store. took about 10 minutes.

I was surprised at how easy the units were to network. Just connect the cable and I could see my stuff on the store's unit. No keys to press, no menu selections to choose. hundreds of data point now saved.

Thanks to everyone that considered helping me out.

I think this networking topic would be good for one of our future meetings, especially since the new  units (HDS gen3 and later) all have Wifi. I'd like to see how my ipad could be used to control the unit.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 06:49 pm  
LSCWA Forums > Fishing > Fishing Questions > Help needed w/my lowrance HDS 7 Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0827 seconds (27% database + 73% PHP). 26 queries executed.