LSCWA Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
LSCWA Forums > Fishing > Fishing Questions > Anyone Know Someone in the Coast Gaurd Auxiliary

Moderated by: bobbarnes
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Anyone Know Someone in the Coast Gaurd Auxiliary  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 04:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Fishingmonster
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
I know its late in the process but we had a meeting about Blessing of the boats and it would be great to have someone from the Coast Guard Auxiliary to inspect our boats at the blessing of the boats! You would get a sticker for the windshield and it sometimes helps to not get boarded by the Coast Guard! Does anyone have a phone number and a name of an Auxiliary Member?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
stclairfun
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
Good idea.
Last year for boater safety, I tried to get a USCG Auxiliary member to come to our meeting and speak. 

Made many calls over a 3 week period and finally had someone from the Algonac Auxiliary commit to speak. Then they cancelled 2 days before. Maybe there's an auxiliary in Wayne county that would be more receptive.

Good luck!

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
stclairfun
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
In the spring of 2013, we went down with my new boat to launch at the Wyandotte Boat Ramp, the USCG Auxiliary was conducting Vessel Safety Checks to boats lined up to launch. Not knowing exactly what a VSC was, I asked the gentleman about it.

He did indicate that the sticker would let officials know that the boat was up to safety standards and a possibly of not getting stopped on the water for a check. With that in mind, while inline to launch, I quickly went through the process and slapped the sticker on my windshield.

A week later, my second time on the water, near Bell Isle, a USCG vessel decided that my boat was to be checked. They passed four other boats to stop us. With that, I asked why? They replied to do a VSC.

I pointed out the sticker and they didn’t board at that point. However, I still had to do the check. Then they changed to preforming backgrounds checks on us all, calling in our ID’s. Needless to say, over 40 minutes later, we were done, with little to say. I think they stopped because the MC numbers where new.

Send in the Vessel Safety Check to your boat insurance company, might get a discount.

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Fishingmonster
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
stclairfun wrote:
In the spring of 2013, we went down with my new boat to launch at the Wyandotte Boat Ramp, the USCG Auxiliary was conducting Vessel Safety Checks to boats lined up to launch. Not knowing exactly what a VSC was, I asked the gentleman about it.

He did indicate that the sticker would let officials know that the boat was up to safety standards and a possibly of not getting stopped on the water for a check. With that in mind, while inline to launch, I quickly went through the process and slapped the sticker on my windshield.

A week later, my second time on the water, near Bell Isle, a USCG vessel decided that my boat was to be checked. They passed four other boats to stop us. With that, I asked why? They replied to do a VSC.

I pointed out the sticker and they didn’t board at that point. However, I still had to do the check. Then they changed to preforming backgrounds checks on us all, calling in our ID’s. Needless to say, over 40 minutes later, we were done, with little to say. I think they stopped because the MC numbers where new.

Send in the Vessel Safety Check to your boat insurance company, might get a discount.

Your right last year when I got boat insurance they asked if I had that sticker and the insurance was cheaper!

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Fishingmonster
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
stclairfun wrote:

Your right last year when I got boat insurance they asked if I had that sticker and the insurance was cheaper!

Current time is 11:20 am  
LSCWA Forums > Fishing > Fishing Questions > Anyone Know Someone in the Coast Gaurd Auxiliary Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2514 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 28 queries executed.