Mercury lower unit removal  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Aug 9th, 2015 03:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Moose
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
I need to replace the water pump on a 2008 9.9 Pro Kicker. Has anyone ever removed the lwer unit on this particular motor? Is the shift linkage the same as on the older Mercury engines? Thank You
Good Fishing, MOOSE

Posted: Mon Aug 10th, 2015 03:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
longshot25
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
Moose I have dropped a few lower ends to change the impellers. I can understand how it is because It took me quite a wile to find the reason I could not figure it out my self.

Take your time and you can find all the bolts. Although some engines hide a last one under the fin that tunes the motor torque adjuster. At this moment I can't remember the proper name of it. It's above the prop. I'm not talking about the Skeg. Any how on my 40 there is a bolt that you loosen to adjust the small fin angle. Mark the location of the angle then remove the bolt. Look up under the location. I think you will find the last bolt. The shifter linkage is usually in front of the lower unit but up higher on the unit.

Give me a call I might be able to give you a hand.
Paul

Current time is 03:39 am  
LSCWA Forums > General > Boat and Motor Questions > Mercury lower unit removal Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0839 seconds (27% database + 73% PHP). 27 queries executed.