AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2009 06:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
Check out the size of this wolf!

Attachment: bigbadwolf[1].JPG (Downloaded 135 times)

Posted: Tue Aug 18th, 2009 07:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Cruzinshootr
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
chumpchangechar wrote: Check out the size of this wolf!You only covered one of the five W's.*  How about the rest? :verybiggrin:

You were asked in the other thread to provide data.If the picture was not taken by the person using it in the body of the message then he or she should say that it is not theirs and give credit to the person that did take the picture. You may not care but if someone were to take one of my photos and use it without giving me credit for it I would be very upset. Let us not forget that photos are the property of the person who took the photo and until that person gives up the rights to the photo it is a violation of federal copyright laws to use it without permission......

Roger

*Who, (including who took it,) What, When, Where, & Why.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Posted: Tue Aug 18th, 2009 01:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
THE PERSON THAT TOOK THE PHOTO DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE OUT ANY INFO ABOUT IT ! IF THEY DID I WOULD POST IT JUST FOR YOU NOW BACK TO THE FUN. MUST I WASTE MY TIME ON THIS SUBJECT EVERY TIME I POST A PIC ROGER?

Posted: Tue Aug 18th, 2009 08:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
carpazoid
Wire Line the Detroit River

Mana: 
MUST I WASTE MY TIME ON THIS SUBJECT EVERY TIME I POST A PIC ROGER?

Do what I do on other msg boards or when I eMail pictures. Just say something like:

"A friend took this photo...."

"A client took this photo...."

"I found this photo on the web at this web site....."

"I got this in an eMail......"

or,

"I don't know who took this photo but it is interesting."

Which ever one fits the situation will work wonders.

Otherwise, if the photo is in my msg everyone can figure that I took it. Often I will make mention of other details like the day or the situation to add to the story.

Posted: Wed Aug 19th, 2009 03:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
Good call sounds easy enough.

Posted: Wed Aug 19th, 2009 07:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Cruzinshootr
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
chumpchangechar wrote: THE PERSON THAT TOOK THE PHOTO DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE OUT ANY INFO ABOUT IT ! .....Interesting.... because someone bagging an animal that size would normally want to brag about it.  Is it because 'he' is worried about the authorities?  Is it because you lifted it from somewhere and have no idea who took it, yet are trying to maintain the impression you are an "insider" to it?

chumpchangechar wrote: .....MUST I WASTE MY TIME ON THIS SUBJECT EVERY TIME I POST A PIC ROGER?
Actually, you've posted a dozen or so pictures since our last conversation about credits.  Most appeared to be you or your friend Dogger(?)'s work.  Even if questionable, I let it pass until something as blatant as this one showed up.  To answer your question, yes, until you start posting credits.:banging head on

BTW, Quit yelling! :verybiggrin:  (All caps on a forum is considered yelling.)

Roger

Posted: Wed Aug 19th, 2009 03:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
I WAS YELLING    and if you must know  this wolf was hit by a pick up truck by a guide  that had  $ 4000  damage to his truck   on the way to a hunt   plus that weeks guiding fees  towing bla bla bla  all in the middle of nowhere  he was not happy to say the least!  now are you happy   oh and he was driving a 2008 ford f-250 super cab pickup truck  colored dark green .now quit crying.:dedhorse:

Last edited on Wed Aug 19th, 2009 03:11 pm by chumpchangechar

Posted: Thu Aug 20th, 2009 04:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
mbhurley77
Forum Member

Mana: 
Cruzinshootr wrote:  I let it pass until something as blatant as this one showed up.  To answer your question, yes, until you start posting credits.

:X:?:rant::coocoo:      seriously

Posted: Sat Sep 5th, 2009 07:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Cruzinshootr
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
chumpchangechar wrote: I WAS YELLING    and if you must know  this wolf was hit by a pick up truck by a guide  that had  $ 4000  damage to his truck   on the way to a hunt   plus that weeks guiding fees  towing bla bla bla  all in the middle of nowhere  he was not happy to say the least!  now are you happy   oh and he was driving a 2008 ford f-250 super cab pickup truck  colored dark green .now quit crying.:dedhorse:You certainly mis-lead everyone that I've spoken to.  A person in Camo with an animal usually means it was taken as game.  Now you tell us it was hit by a truck.  Where did it happen?  Since you say it was on the way to a guided hunt in the middle of nowhere, was it in MI, or even in the US?

Part of the point above is I understand wolves are protected or endangered in a good part of the US, and are illegal to hunt.  Without details, you left the impression it was hunted/shot.

Again, do you personally know the photographer and/or the person in the pic?  Do you have their permission to use the photo?

BTW, we're supposed to "take your word" for what I quoted? :roflmao:  All you've posted so far could be made up or lifted from the 'net somewhere as we have nowhere to verify it without a link or someone else with first hand knowledge.

To your credit, and already noted there, you did post details, and Dogger verified them, in the big bear thread.  That's all we're asking here.

Roger

Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2009 06:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
I SAID NO MORE TIME WASTED ON THIS..Why dont you go fishing or hunting or anything take some pics post them on here ( tell your story if you want or not most folks dont care either way in case your not sure thats what forums are for ) YOU have made a FOOL of your self enough on here your just throwing GAS on the FIRE .:coocoo:

Attachment: camera pics 301.jpg (Downloaded 74 times)

Last edited on Sun Sep 6th, 2009 06:59 am by chumpchangechar

Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2009 07:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Fish Fear Me
Forum Member

Mana: 
Alright, enough of this...I trust this will officially end the "dart throwing" (although it does tend to be fun and good-natured in a 'deer camp' sort of way). We're all fisherman and hunters (obviously). We should all have thick skin and have fun with good natured "ribbing" etc... And I truly believe that's just what's been happening here:) Hopefully nobody has been serious about the weird "life" this thread seemed to adopt. heck, I love a good joke:roflmao:

Now...just a few comments:

I happen to know the Canadian guide who sent this pic (to BOTH of us). No offense Andy, but I feel inclined to give the background (since that seems to be the gist of the questioning here).

The E-mail was entitled "Big Bad Wolf Gets Hit By Truck". Obviously this creature isn't from Michigan...OBVIOUSLY:coocoo:. Think Woods-N-Water News didn't pick up on this one??? HELLO!!!! Look at the size of it!!! Even Isle Royale doesn't have an ecosystem to produce a wolf of that size here in Michigan.

Its Saskatchawen Or Churchill, Manatoba...one of those 2 places (sorry, I've since deleted the origional email and I forget where). That ends that mystery. And hitting a wolf with a vehicle isn't a news-worthy rare occurence up there (like it would be in Delta County or wherever)...happens all the time. I have some Canadian relatives who laugh at me for thinking a moose sighting is something special. And yes, I realize this is a "Lake St. Clair" forum, but sometimes when a thread lays dormant for a few months, its nice to breathe some new life into it...just to get 'er rolling again.

Second: trust me, "Red" doesn't care if Andy or I relay this story. At All. You should see the list of folks he emailed it too!! Hundreds... (he sounded more ticked about the damage to his truck...couldn't use the heater...had a client freezing his buns off with him...etc...)

Lastly, I admit I don't go on guided moose hunts in Northern Canada on a regular basis, but at least from watching ESPN 2, OLN, and Versus, it isn't uncommon for a hunting guide to also be wearing camo. That's kinda the whole point. They're out there hunting too.

And REALLY lastly...lets put this one to rest. If you think somebody is posting total BS...just do what I do when a crappy song comes on the radio or a stupid show comes on the TV...roll your eyes, change the channel, mutter something under your breath...and move on.  :beer:

I say we ALL get together at a meeting here...sip a few beers...tease eachother...tell jokes...and ultimately do what fisherman and hunters are supposed to do!!! HAVE FUN!!!

Thanks and sorry for being so long winded...

Mike Z

Last edited on Sun Sep 6th, 2009 09:06 pm by Fish Fear Me

Current time is 12:10 pm  
LSCWA Forums > Other Outdoor > Game Pictures > BIG BAD WOLF Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.5369 seconds (4% database + 96% PHP). 25 queries executed.