New Topic Printer Friendly
musky  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jan 10th, 2009 05:26 am

1st Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
the musky opener is just around the corner..  caught off the puce river..

Attachment: nbv.jpg (Downloaded 140 times)

Posted: Mon Feb 9th, 2009 04:32 pm

2nd Post
wildeyes
Forum Member

Mana: 
why would you kill such a nice fishits not a trophy by any means

Posted: Mon Feb 9th, 2009 08:30 pm

3rd Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
for  one thing  it was hooked deep  and  couldnt revive it   two  it  is the biggest  musky this man ever caught..three  he wanted to mount one for the wall in his law office..four i dont think this  will hurt the population.. five  ive been a charter capt. for  25 years   let go 100 s  each year   this  is a drop in the bucket   any other questions ?

Posted: Mon Feb 9th, 2009 10:53 pm

4th Post
Moose
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
wildeyes wrote: why would you kill such a nice fishits not a trophy by any means

The following is strictly my opinion:

1.  Musky make great fertalizer

2. Musky eat perch and walleye, and everything else

3. They have no natural enemys, except us and VHS

4. The perch and walleye population have been drasticly reduced because of the thick musky population.

5. Musky and bass fishermen always throw their catch back with the least amount of harm possible.  On the other hand perch and walleye fishermen feed their families with their catches.

6. Muskys stink

7. Pickled musky is tasty

8. Deep fried musky is tasty, as long as you soak it in milk before you bread it and fry it.

9. There is currently an overabundance of muskys in Lake St. Clair.  Think about it for a minute, where have all the white perch gone?  Not that I like them, but where are they?  I'll tell you where they are, in Lake Erie.  As soon as they even show up in the northern Detroit River or Lake St. Clair, they are eaten.  They are as easy for a musky to see as a snowball in a coal pile.

10.  As far as I'm concerned, kill them all and make good use of them.  It will help the perch and walleye population growing so we can feed our familys.

I know a couple of Asian people that love them.  So all of them that I catch in Lake St. Clair , the bigger the better, will go to a hungry well deserving family.

This preceding is strictly my opinion.  Good Fishing,  MOOSE

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 12:00 am

5th Post
carpazoid
Wire Line the Detroit River

Mana: 
wildeyes wrote: why would you kill such a nice fishits not a trophy by any means
Keep in mind that it might be a trophy for the guy that caught it.

If the fish was a legal length then there should not be any problem.  If they have not gone over their limit there should not be any reason to be concerned.

If all rules and regulations are being followed then it is a legal fish and they are able to keep it if they want to. There are some people who do eat their legally caught Muskie.

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 12:13 am

6th Post
wildeyes
Forum Member

Mana: 
cormarants do alot more damage than the musky

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 12:14 am

7th Post
wildeyes
Forum Member

Mana: 
nope just voicing my opinion

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 05:23 pm

8th Post
Moose
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
carpazoid wrote: wildeyes wrote: why would you kill such a nice fishits not a trophy by any means
Keep in mind that it might be a trophy for the guy that caught it.

If the fish was a legal length then there should not be any problem.  If they have not gone over their limit there should not be any reason to be concerned.

If all rules and regulations are being followed then it is a legal fish and they are able to keep it if they want to. There are some people who do eat their legally caught Muskie.

I guess I should have put a number 11 in my post.  It should read:  If someone catches a legal fish, he should be able to do whatever he wants with it.  It should be of no concern to Wildeyes or myself.

Good Fishing,  MOOSE

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 05:39 pm

9th Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
thank you very much ! we are on the same page for sure !!!   WHAT ABOUT HOW THEY TEAR UP A HANDLINING   SET UP IN ABOUT  2 SECONDS FLAT..   ??

Attachment: ice-fishing.jpg (Downloaded 87 times)

Last edited on Tue Feb 10th, 2009 06:13 pm by chumpchangechar

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 07:06 pm

10th Post
wildeyes
Forum Member

Mana: 
yea the asians thanks to them commie bastards the great white population is all but decimated they want the fins thats all:X

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 07:10 pm

11th Post
wildeyes
Forum Member

Mana: 
just because they caught it legal doesnt give them the right to waste a fish

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 08:09 pm

12th Post
chumpchangechar
Forum Member

Mana: 
why not? if they are legal ??  thought  we were talkin  musky here ?  what is a trophy fish to you ?

Posted: Tue Feb 10th, 2009 10:40 pm

13th Post
wildeyes
Forum Member

Mana: 
mabey i just have diffrent ethics when it comes to fishing .afterall i am a Canadian .a trophy to me is a least45"  nothin less than 25 lbs  doesnt mean id hang it on a wall  id get a replica .p.s i do most of my musky fishin on kawartha lakes  thanks for responding dont mean  to offend you tight lines spring will be here soon . laterbud

Posted: Wed Feb 11th, 2009 05:51 am

14th Post
Fish Fear Me
Forum Member

Mana: 
Not to add fuel to the fire here, but my brother's musky was 50 1/2" in that picture...and he was mighty proud of his catch (as am I). I bought for him a musky charter for Father's Day last year VIA my good friend CHUMP CHANGE CHARTERS (who happens to be a VERY well respected charter capt. around here). I decidedly think it was a successful excursion all around. As I recall that fish was gill hooked VERY deep. Heck, he was hoping for a 54-incher to mount, but by default this is what was kept. Granted we didn't mention the 3 we released after catching this one...one of which was a true "Canadian Trophy" of over 45 inches. (I still don't get where the heck that is coming from):?

I'm not sure what the "I'm Canadian" thing is all about (I've fished Lake Simcoe and Russel's Bay a ton, I've never got that attitude)...but a trophy is truly in the eye of the beholder I guess. A small fish to you might be the catch of a lifetime to somebody else. When I lived on the Big Island of Hawai'i (Kailua-Kona), no charter capt. would be caught dead bringing in a PBM under 500#. To this day, my 375# Pacific Blue Marlin is the largest fish I have ever caught on rod & reel and I am DARN proud of it. Guys like you (I guess) would roll their eyes at Honokohau harbor, but to me that fish is once-in-a-lifetime and might as well be a "Grander". That memory is worth a lifetime...alot more than any tape measure or scale can dignify.

My late grandfather (and everyone else back then) always kept their fish. Muskies, huge blue catfish...the whole works. As long as they were legal (of course).

Lastly this is a sportsman's forum. You know...hunters and fisherman. "Communist Asians!?!"  Save the rascist quasi-political rhetoric for elsewhere.

P.S. Its the Chineese and North Koreans who still adhere to the communist dogma...Japan isn't a communist country (and it isn't Great White Sharks that they "fin" either...they're Tigers, Nurses Makos and Sand Bar sharks mostly. Go live in Hawai'i for 6 years and you would know better than to say such flippant things).

Posted: Wed Feb 11th, 2009 03:37 pm

15th Post
Keith Krych
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Ok boys, I think I'm closing this topic.

No more name calling please.

Current time is 02:45 am  
LSCWA Forums > Other Outdoor > Fish Pictures > musky Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1252 seconds (22% database + 78% PHP). 30 queries executed.