LSCWA Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
LSCWA Forums > Other Outdoor > Game Pictures > Finally! The skunk is out of the camp.

Moderated by: bobbarnes
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Finally! The skunk is out of the camp.  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Nov 19th, 2008 02:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Terry
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
Well, I waited until pretty much the last minute, but I finally took one with the crossbow during the early bow season at 5 p.m. 11/14. I wasn't even going to hunt that evening but a friend talked me into getting out for the last 1-1/2 hours. 45 minutes later this doe walks in alone just over 30 yards out. I put the pin behind her shoulder and hit the release. She jumped, spun around and ran back down the trail she came in on. The arrow took out both lungs and she dropped at 90 yards. It's been 4 years since I took a deer with the crossbow and I really wanted to end that streak this year. Man, it felt great.
Now that the skunk is out of the camp, I can get down to some serious hunting.

Last edited on Wed Nov 19th, 2008 02:23 am by Terry

Posted: Thu Nov 20th, 2008 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Moose
LSCWA Member

Mana: 
Great Job Terry.  Isn't that a great feeling when you walk up and find your deer. It is hard to put that feeling into words.  Nice deer.  Good Luck with the rest of the season,  MOOSE

Current time is 10:39 am  
LSCWA Forums > Other Outdoor > Game Pictures > Finally! The skunk is out of the camp. Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.5119 seconds (7% database + 93% PHP). 26 queries executed.